Friday, January 23, 2009

Best Christmas Present Ever!!!!

The Christmas that I was 11, my mom asked me if there was anything that I wanted for Christmas. My father was having employment issues and it was going to be simple Christmas. So they wanted to know if there was one thing that I really wanted. That was all they could promise us, one cool thing that we really wanted. I didn't know (I've never been good at making christmas lists), so I said I didn't care, thinking that I would still get something cool.

Christmas morning comes, and we really did have a good christmas that year. When it came time to open the "the" gift from mom and dad, I was quite surprised. My siblings had received something fun that they got to play with that day. There wasn't much playing to be done with mine. You see, they had gotten me a calculator. It was a nice one, a Texas Instruments one that I used through the many years ahead of school, but it was still just a calculator. I couldn't really complain then, but I sure love to tease them now and say that because of that gift, I was destined to become an accountant. :)

Some friends of mine found this clip and thought of my story....I found it hilarious, hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

ChrissyLee said...

that is awesome!!! i love it! and that skit was hilarious! :)

Amy said...

Do you realize I had, "So mom, did you get us a calculor" going through my head at work on Thursday. Sorry I didn't leave a comment then, I was alittle out of it.

Em said...

you have good taste in friends that recommend awesome clips :) I love this blog!