So my goal on the Freedom Run 5k was to beat the time that I did in the SLC's 5k last April. I had been practicing, but it didn't seem like I was making that much progress. I really was hoping to beat my time by at least 5 minutes, focusing on the progress I've made rather than the total time it takes me to walk/run it. I really pushed myself during the race, I was quite surprised by the amount I was able to run compared to when I've been training. It was thrilling to be apart of this mass of people, all with the same goal. As I turned the corner to the finish line and saw the clock, I was a bit surprised. I started calculating how much time it had taken me, considering I had started further back in the crowd from the starting line. I was even more surprised to calculate that I had knocked 9 minutes of my last time! I was thrilled! I couldn't believe it!
Well, today I was finally able to check the official "chip" time and no it wasn't 9 minutes.... it was 12!!... Hmmm, I think I've caught the running/race bug.....
8 comments:
that's an awesome accomplishment. Glad you were able to beat your time.
12 minutes is huge, congrats!
I think that is so AWESOME!! It makes me want to get into better shape and join you on the next 5k!
Way to go - you're doing great things!
That is awesome Marble. 12 mins is huge. Congrats and good work!
Wow way to go Em!! I don't know that I could run to the mailbox and back that fast:) Seroiusly. That is so cool you're oing that. Keep it up dude.
Yeah! You prove that Marbles can run! who would have belived it! (considering the knees) I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work! Love you.
AWESOME!! I am so proud of you! It's a great feeling to beat your own time! I'm planning on getting back into running next year and hope to do a 5K in March!
Go Em! i'm very impressed! I wish I could do that!
Post a Comment