Monday, August 9, 2010

You should read this:

Interesting article on marriage on CNN.com

So, its been 2 months since I last posted. It's been busy. Let's see: working, moving, family in town for a few weeks, a family reunion, studying for a CPA exam, took exam, hosted a mission reunion of sorts, attended the company summer party, moved from cast to boot, and then from boot to ankle brace. I'm driving again, walking without the crutches, and wearing both shoes, as opposed to just the left one. I've been on two kinda blind dates that were fun, but nothing came of them. And I've had the blessing of having my older sister, Amy, stay with me and help me with all of that. A tremendous help, I couldn't have done without. That about sums up the past 2 months.

What this month holds for me: more working (starting in on the 2nd busy season, not quite as bad as the 1st), more studying (Audit exam on the 27th), Bear Lake with the ward in 10 days (big smiles on that one), and continuing to improve the walking without a limp process. Then at the end of the month, maybe at the beginning of September, I'll have "Meet the Firms" to attend at BYU. I love that event! Although, standing for 3-4 hours may prove more difficult this year, we'll still make it work. Yep, that's about it.

A scripture I've read in the past month in working towards my goal of reading the OT:

"And Balaam answered and said unto the servants of Balak, If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the word of the Lord my God, to do less or more." 
~ Num. 22: 18

(Post edit: in looking over this today I realized that I wrote, "continuing to improve the walking without a limb process"....LOL... that would definitely be a process of learning to walk without a leg. :) Not to worry, I still have all my limbs.)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Nice background, It's nice to see you back to the blog. Good luck with the 2nd busy season.

Amy Marble said...

Welcome back to the blogging world!!