Thursday, December 29, 2011

Peace

One of my most favorite paintings of Christ - by Jared Barnes
You ever have the moments of reading a scripture or hearing/singing a hymn and the words speak to you, even though you've read/heard/sung it a million times? :)

That happened to me this morning with this hymn. The first two verses pretty much gives voice to the many thoughts, feelings, and questions in my mind lately. Then the answer, which I hadn't forgotten, but it was comforting to hear it again.


Here you go:

Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When, with a wounded heart, anger, or malice
I draw myself apart searching my soul?

Where, when my aching grows?
Where, when I languish?
Where, in my need to know?
Where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.

He answers privately.
Reaches my reaching.
In my Gethsemane, Savior, and friend.
Gentle, the peace He finds
For my beseeching.
Constant He is, and kind.
Love without end.

Now for the version that I listened to this morning:


2 comments:

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

Thanks so much for sharing that. It's what I really needed to hear today.

Cindy Anderson said...

Beautiful!