In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I've posted the above clip. The voices are Irish children that their teacher recorded telling bible stories. It was done in the 60's, but someone decided to add the cartoon to it. I think it is pretty darn cute.
In case you wonder what this little girl is saying, I have posted the transcripts of the story. Enjoy!
He grew up and they called him John the Baptist, cause he used to go down and tell everybody, baptizing all the big people, and kids an' all., and telling people to do penance and give up their old sins. And so, didn't he come to this terrible wicked woman, and he said to her, Do penance and give up yer old sins. And so she knew penance was hard , and so she said, no, I won't give up me-- I won't do penance and I won't give up me old sins. And so he said, well then you'll end up in hell in the big fire. And then she got raging and she said to herself, I'll get me own back.
And so he got thrown into jail, and this day didn't the man coming to visit him, and St. John the Baptist said to him, "will you do me a favor?" And the man said, "yeah". And so he said Will you go to Jesus and ask him, is he really God or is he a shockin' holy saint? And so the man went to Jesus and he said, "poor John the Baptist, he's in prison and he wants to know Are you really God, or are you a shockin' holy saint? And so he said tell him what you have to see, and the lepers are cured, the people that are blind can see and the people that are on crutches can walk. And lepers means that we're all full with sores all over them. And so he came back and the man told John the Baptist all about it, and so John the Baptist said oh they're all miracles, that's God.
And so, then this same wicked woman knew this - wicked king, and so the wicked king had a party, and so he asked the woman to it and the wicked young one, and so he said to her, do you want to come to the party, and she said yeah, and he asked the wicked young one, and she said yeah. And so they went to the party and so, he said to her, Would you do a dance for me, and so she was only learning, and she said, yeah, and so she went up and she did a dance, and he went over to see (her tea) and she was real cunnin', and so it was finished and the king said, Oh that was gorgeous, I'll give you anything you want, and instead of taking earrings or um a necklace or a watch or a bracelet or something... or a ring or a gold brooch, 'cause, uh, kings are always rich and they have loads of gold, and so instead of doing that, she went over to him and said, what'll I take, and she said, John the Baptist's head on a plate. And so wasn't he in jail when he sent out all his soldiers. And so they came and they cut off his head.
1 comment:
That was a great clip. They did a great job with the cartoon too. Thanks for posting it. Happy St. Patrick's day
Post a Comment