I've been an aunt since I was 6. I love being an aunt. I love playing with each of the kids and enjoying their company when I can get a chance. This year I've made it a priority to spend time with them. (There are some that live further away that I am sad about not having been able to see yet, but am working on it!) I've really enjoyed this. Sleepovers, concerts, work parties, lunches, temple open houses are a few of the things that I have done in the past few months. I've posted about most of them, but I took a trip up to Idaho a couple Saturdays ago that I've been needing to post about. (Sorry Nat! I totally was thinking about you, but it was a one day trip and didn't get a chance to call you about coming to visit. I am hoping to go up there again and I will for sure come and see you!)
Driving by ones self can get pretty boring on a 4 hour drive, so I pulled out my camera and started talking pictures. Here are a few of those (I really mean a few, I took a bunch) pictures:
Why, thank you! Happy to be here!
Mile Marker 29 - my age :)
See, I kept my eyes on the road! I was driving very carefully, I promise!
I thought this very profound. :) JK
I took a geology class a few years ago and found this rock formation outside of Pocatello quite intriguing.
Ah... Pocatello.
Rexburg, final destination.
I met up with my niece, Krystal, and her husband at their cute apartment and then we went and picked up, Ammon, Krystal's older brother, and went to Winger's for lunch. As one of my reasons for traveling to Idaho was to go to the temple in Rexburg and Idaho Falls, we didn't get a lot of time together. They also had homework to get done, but it was really fun to see them.
Yes, my eyes are closed and there is a flag coming out of my head. It was very bright outside and so I didn't see this until after I left. Oh well.
Rexburg Temple
Idaho Falls
On conference weekend I felt that I needed to put greater effort into attending the temple. One of my first thoughts was that I have been wanting to go to the Idaho Falls temple for quite some time. So I finally made it happen. Such a beautiful temple!
Temple before going inside
Temple after coming out
(loved both of these pictures of the temple!)
It was a great Saturday and I am really glad I decided to make the trip. Stay tuned for more posts this month on more of my favoritest people! :)
2 comments:
Sounds like a great trip. The pictures of the temple are awesome.
So pretty.
Post a Comment