Sunday, April 25, 2010

30 Years....

....is how long its gonna take to get through this post! :)


April 26, 1980
I was born at home, on my family's dairy farm in Purdy, Missouri.
Pictured: Sonja, Joseph, David, Jonathan
Amy, Mom, me, and Freeman

April 26, 1981

April 1982

1983
Me and David (brother)

1984

1985

1986

1987

1988

1989
David home from his mission
(Also pictured: Amy, Jeffrey, and Rachel)

1990


April 26, 1991
Sherida Rogers and Sherry Judd (friends)

Summer 1992
Rocking the side-half-ponytail
Ammon and Jacob (nephews)

1993
Once during this year, I was mistaken for being one of my "dad's sons". Yeah, great confidence boost for a 13-year-old girl! Honestly though, I can totally see it.

June 1994
Taylor's (niece) blessing

Fall 1995
Church youth activity - float in BYU's Homecoming Parade "Mister Ected and his band" with various beauty queens, or I should say "Miss's" We won the Cosmo award

June 1996

August 1997
Young Women activity ~ Alicia Mildenstein (far left) was in a play at Sundance and we went to see it. Pictured: Alicia, AJ Cole, Beth Chun (YW Pres), a girl I don't know, and me)

April 1998
I lived in Virginia for 3 1/2 months with my brother, Joseph and his family. This was about 2 weeks before my 18th birthday.
Austin, Taylor, and Alexx (nephew and nieces)

April 26, 1999

April 26, 2000 
20 years old ~ I started college on my birthday...a major factor in my life today is the  education I decided to get then. VERY glad I made that decision.

April 26, 2001
Another monumental birthday
Pres Hinckley sent me a birthday present ~ a mission call to serve in the Ireland Dublin Mission
Pictured: FHE brothers (I can't remember their names) and roommates: Andrea White, Rhonda Roberts, Brooke Roberts, and Natalie Vance.


April 26, 2002
"Sister Marble" with Sister Fezi Vis (companion from South Africa) and  Sister Constanza Perez (former companion and trainer from Spain)

April 2003
Mission reunion ~ Pictured with Sarah Vause (companion) and Janelle Wilcox

April 26, 2004
A large group of friends and family went to eat at a restaurant. SO much fun!
Important detail of this birthday. Among those invited to this birthday celebration were various members of my BYU ward. One such individual that came started dating my brother and they were married a little over a year later. Cool huh?!?
(The two in the middle)

April 2005
My nephew Jackson's birthday is on April 29th. So we usually get a picture together each year, thanks to the insistence of his mom. Here's us with my dad.

May 2006
Me, Rachel, and Amy (sisters)

April 26, 2007
My parents, sister and I took a trip to Moab. Pictured with my beautiful mother.

April 27, 2008
Me and Jax

April 26, 2009
Jax and me :)


Here's to a great 30 years! Looking forward to the next 30 years....at least :)

11 comments:

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

Happy birthday!!! Could it be almost ten years since we met? Wowsers!! I miss you! Hope you have a great birthday!!!!

betsey said...

Happy 30th Emily! Love this post and the ones leading up to it! You are adorable and wonderful and we love you! Here's to the best most wonderful birthday ever!

XOXOXXO

Nicole said...

Very cool post! Happy Birthday!

Amy said...

Awesome post, I'm impressed with the pictures and the coordinating with dates. Happy 30th sister

j said...

Wow. That's a pretty awesome retrospective. Thanks for sharing! And happy birthday! Welcome to your "late 20s" :)

Amy Marble said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I showed Freeman some of those pictures - he was impressed you have them, and now wants to visit your Mom and scan some in for us!! Hope you have a great day - we'll have to come see you one day soon to bring you a birthday surprise....!!

Laura Elder said...

Happy Birthday! Great photos! x

Jo said...

McKay: Happy birthday! Great sl ide show!
Abby: Hmm...Which picture did I like the most? You're so pretty! I love how you always smile.
Natalie: Happy Birthday Aunt Emily. You are so awesome! I love you. You always try to make me smile.
Joanna: i love you!!! cant wait till you come down and hang out with us. happy birthday
Kristen: Wow! What a creative idea! We love you so much!

Staci Parry said...

This post was great! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!!

J.A. said...

Oh, good ole' Emily Marble. What would the world be without you? I love you. Hope you had a fun birthday and I hope you got your 30 birthday spankings...from family of course:) I love the pictures too.

Shayla said...

I love this post!!!
Happy Birthday :)