Tuesday, October 26, 2010

You just pick yourself up and do it again

You know the theory, if you fall off a bicycle, you just pick yourself up and try again. Well, I am picking myself and trying again.

Last May, I planned this really great trip to Texas to visit family, go to a couple of temples, and attend my friend's wedding. Sadly, that trip was altered when I fell and broke my ankle. While I did get to spend some time with one brother's family, I didn't get back to Houston to visit another brother. I have always REALLY wanted to go to the Houston Temple and that didn't happen either. Now, I did miss my friend's wedding and that isn't something I can try again, but I am going to Houston! Thanks to Southwest having some great deals at the moment, I have made reservations to fly there and get 4 days with my brother and his family.

Can you tell I'm just a little excited! Now, everyone pray that I don't trip coming out of the airport or something. :)

3 comments:

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

Good luck! So jealous you're going to TX....would love to do that sometime.

Amy Marble said...

Sounds like TONS of fun!! I need a vacation too - have extra fun for me...

kallen said...

Woo hoo! I saw a picture of that temple in the Ensign this month. It looks awesome. Have a fun trip. So did you find out your calling yet?