Wednesday, November 10, 2010

New Calling

So I was released 2 Sundays ago as the RS Secretary and I did get a new calling that day.

Drum roll please....
.
.
.
.
I am the Family Indexing Committee Co-chair!
.
.
I'm excited about it! Basically my calling is to do extractions and follow-up on committee members on whether they are doing extractions as well. I did get the software downloaded and running last night and did 10 names while I was there. SO...MUCH...FUN!! Seriously easy too. Not to mention the spiritual blessings too......have I mentioned how excited I am? :)

So everyone needs to go and check it out. SIGN UP! Do some names. You might just like it.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/indexing/frameset_indexing.asp

If you've signed into your ward website before (your LDS Account login and password) then that is the same login you use for this. So click the "Start Indexing" button to download the software. If not, then click the "Volunteer" button to get registered. You'll need your membership number (on temple recommends) and your birthdate.

Try it and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I loved this calling when I had it. I didn't know you could do it on your own. I'll have to check it out, if only I could figure out how to get into the church website. I've tried a few times and it just won't let me.

Amy Marble said...

Sounds like a fun calling to me! We'll have to try getting it set up here too.

Cindy Anderson said...

I found your blog! I'm adding you to my list.
Sweet calling. I just got called to be my family ward's singles rep. Not sure how I feel about this one. I moved into a family ward to get away from the singles scene...