I've wanted to go to Goblin Valley for a few years and hadn't as yet planned a trip. Well, my friend, Daniel, was talking to me about some of the things he was planning for Thanksgiving week. When he mentioned taking a trip to southern Utah and seeing Goblin Valley, I "suggested" that he should let me tag along.
One of the cool things about Goblin Valley is that one can make out various pictures from the rocks. See if you can see some of what we "saw". :)
"The Sphinges"
"Spinal Column"
"Topographic Map"
Me
"The Multitudes"
"Girl Reading"
Next we hit up Capitol Reef. SUCH a beautiful place. The next few pictures are from the drive there and of the park itself.
Probably one of my favorite pictures that I took.
River/waterfall icing over
The Castle
Eroding rock, but I looked at it and thought of the Indian cave dwellings. Do you see it?
Sunset and a "gnarly" tree!
A very fun way to spend "black friday"! I totally recommend visiting both of these places. I am very thankful for the beautiful world in which we live!
4 comments:
two of my favorite places!!
Very beautiful. We'll have to check that out sometime. Haven't heard of that place. Is it near Zion's and Bryce Canyon?
Beautiful! Now that is my kind of Black Friday!!
Those are amazing pictures. I've got to plan a trip down there sometime, now.
Post a Comment