Well, it's New Years Eve; a day to reflect on the past year and to look forward to the next one. I've had some thoughts on what areas of my life I want to improve on in the coming year, so I'll work at polishing off those goals today. I have to admit, goals haven't really ever been my thing. I've found that when I actually went through the effort of setting a goal, it was most likely NOT going to get achieved. But, I should clarify that the times I have been successful with achieving goals, the goals have come from a more knowledgeable source of "me", than me. :) At those times, it wasn't just my feelings of a need to change, but more the flowing of ideas on how to change. Those were good periods in my life.
For 2009, I honestly can't remember if I set resolutions. I'm just not one for setting them, just for the sake of setting them. But throughout the year, I felt like there were things I could do, and so I set a "resolution" then. As I think over the past year, I'm pleased with it. There isn't anything I would change. I've learned a lot, and progressed in certain areas that have been in need of change. I've had a really great year! No complaints. No regrets.
On Christmas Day night (if that makes any sense), I started getting so many ideas coming into my mind of what I needed to focus on in 2010. I started writing them down and I can see a way of making them work. It's going to be a lot of work on my part, but my outlook is bright. I'm excited for what 2010 will bring. And that’s saying a lot! I turn 30 this year and I'm not even a little worried, bummed, or whatever it is that other people feel when they reach this milestone. Simply put, I expect 2010 to be another great year.
I am so blessed! I have an awesome family that I love to hang out with. I have been blessed with having some really great friends. Seriously, I don't know how I am so lucky to know so many incredible individuals. I have a knowledge of who I am because I know my Heavenly Father and I know that he knows me better than I know myself. I'm grateful for the knowledge and blessings of the gospel. It's all true, I know it. I have been led to an awesome job, while the work may be tedious for most :) its right for me, and the people are the best! I wish everyone could be as lucky as me and work for such a great company. Outside of family and church, I've never met a group of people that were interested in one's progression as an individual as the employees and partners at Larson & Rosenberger. I love working there!
I wish the best for all of you this year. May you look back and have no regrets and look forward with a bright hope of the future. ~ Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment