Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy St. Stephens Day! (or Boxing Day to all the Brits)

Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. Each year, I find greater joy in giving than in receiving. I really love surprising my family and some friends with the gifts that I give. This year was a little bit harder. I really struggled finding the holiday spirit and the creativity to give the way I like to. But you know what they say..... Fake 'til you make it, right? Well, I made it. So, without further adeiu.....

What Christmas means to me:

Staying up late every night for the 2-3 weeks previous to Christmas, working on projects that I hope will be a big hit....and most of the time, I think they are. (remind me to post pictures of last year's craziness!) This year I scaled down but was still kept rather busy in the hopes that I would finish the biggest project on time, but alas, it wasn't. Good thing my sister completely understands.

Random christmas parties, gatherings, and events that are just so much fun that I can't help smiling about now as I remember them. I have a great family and awesome friends.

Having amazing sisters that always know just what to give me. They are incredible! Amy gave me a gift that is very private but very touching. We both cried. She is my bestest friend and the one that knows me more than anyone else. How else could we fight so well? :) Rachel gave me a gift that is so simple, yet so ME! A 4-leaf clover locket. Someone tell me who else that would remind you of? Let's hear it for sisters! Hip hip hooray!!! :) I received other great gifts for which I am most grateful for. Thank you.

Christmas with a 2-year old is preferrable! Seriously. My brother, Jeffrey, and his family (wife-Sarah, and son-Griffin) flew up from the Houston area to spend the hoildays with us and other family and friends. Griffin has made me laugh more over the past 2 days than anyone or anything else. Such an imagination and a language of his own in which he chatters on and on. SO CUTE! Once I am able to, I'll post some vid's and pic's.

Spending all day in my jammies! Oh! What a wonderful thing!

Staying at my parents, the company, the food, it's all good!

But mostly, Christmas this year means alot to me because I'm reminded of the love of a Savior, my Savior. He who lowered himself to come to earth and experience all, so that he might understand what I go through and give me comfort when I need it most. I am so very grateful for such a life. What else can I do to give back, than to give of myself to those needing it. I only hope that I can be the disciple he needs me to be. I hope you all had a great Christmas season and at some point or another found the Savior in your heart.

Love to all ~ Emily

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is a beautiful post. Thanks for all you did for us this year. I love the presents and appreciate your patience with my unfinished gift. ;)

Amy Marble said...

That was a great post - great way of writing - I never seem to be able to express my real feeling in words well. Thanks for all you do for the whole family!